Friday, April 5, 2013

Life Cycles...


These arrived yesterday at lunch!  We start our insect unit on Monday so their timing was PERFECT!
When I left school they looked like this:



See those teeny tiny caterpillars?  Well when I got to school this morning they had doubled in size...

I can't wait to see what they will look like on Monday.  I love watching our caterpillars change as much as the kiddos do!

Here is a sneak peak of one of my favorite life cycle activities:


Pasta Life Cycles!  It is a MUST!  Just dye your pasta using rubbing alcohol and food coloring, let it dry, and voila!  Colorful pasta for your life cycle worksheet!  We will be doing this next Friday and I cannot wait!

Watching something living change and grow right before your eyes is magical, I love this time of year more than anything!  It is such an exciting time for the kids!


No comments:

Post a Comment