Thursday, April 25, 2013

Change is inevitable.... so why is it so hard!?!

Change.  My life is in a state of flux, change, adjustment, transition... EEEK.  It is exciting, overwhelming, and scares me to death!

Hubsters is graduating!  WHAT?!?!  Yep.  GRAD.U.ATING!  After lots of years, 3 kids, 3 Universities, 250+ credits, he is DONE~ and we are preparing for CHANGE.

The job search began, it began and it is done!  (well for him) He got a job, a GREAT job teaching CHOIR (which is what he went to all those classes for) FULL TIME, which is my dream (haha) in a small town 250ish miles from where we currently live... change.

I have had to begin my own job hunt because 250 miles is one heck of a commute!  So for the first time in 9 years I am interviewing, applying, typing resumes, collecting letters of recommendation... I am starting over.

When I told my principal on Tuesday morning that hubby's job was official, and I was leaving, I cried... she cried... we hugged!  I went back to my classroom and cried again.

When I told my team (the most fabulous kinder team that I have ever known and who make my job so much easier) they were so supportive, so amazing, and I think I may have cried again.

Today at the choir assembly they sang For Good, from Wicked,  we all cried and then I got a lot of hugs.... I have taught at this school for 8 years.  Since it was built in 2005.  I have had 3 babies, taught 3 grade levels, worked, and laughed, and cried here.  They are my second family.  These last few weeks will be bittersweet, I know that we are supposed to move.  I know without a doubt that the Lord has a plan for us and that this is part of our path... but change scares me to DEATH!

Now I just hope and pray that my new school, because I have faith I will find a job, will become family!  That I will someday look at the faces around me and know that because of them I have been changed for good....

For now, I have a job to find and LOTS of packing to do!  Kindergarten teachers are hoarders don't you know and I have LOTS of crap (I mean precious learning materials) to pack away before May 23rd.

On a side note....


We enjoyed our mini celebration of Earth Day, big surprise but my art project used shaving cream.... because if I use it all that is one less thing to pack!


No comments:

Post a Comment