Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Summer is nearing its end...

I start my advanced interactive whiteboard class tomorrow, I remember signing up for it in May.  I told myself, "Well that will be the end of my summer!", after my class I will have to get my room set up, copies made, books bound, assessment letters mailed off, meetings to attend, and then school starts... Eeek!  The list making has begun...

The kids start August 15th, it will be here much too quickly.  I love teaching I do, but I LOVE summer!  I love sleeping in (as much as my kiddos will allow) taking time in the morning to make a real breakfast, cuddling on the couch, reading teacher blogs, naptime!  I got the dreaded back to school letter yesterday from my principal...

 time to kick it into gear and get that room together.  With my move to a smaller classroom this year I am having to be super creative as to how to fit all of my favorite kindergarten items (like my puppet stage and sand table) into my teeny tiny space... "I think I can, I think I can!" (Little Man has been a bit obsessed with the Little Engine that Could lately, my apologies.)


One of the many things on my to do list is to copy and bind this:


{click HERE to go to my TpT store}


  As well as our Zero the Hero Books, one of my all time favorite TpT purchases, from Kathleen at Growing Kinders


 I even bought the extension pack, LOVE.  I linked the PDF pages into my interactive whiteboard calendar with a link right to the page that corresponds from our hundreds chart, we can look at the page together on the IWB before they go to their seats.  Switching from my traditional calendar to my IWB calendar was  a HARD change for me, but it saves me SO MUCH SPACE and I have to say being able to link music and PDF's is a nice option.

Well hubby will be home from work soon and so maybe I need to wake the kiddos up from naps and ummmm... shower, don't judge these days will soon come to a close and I will be up and showered before the dawn!

Happy list making!






3 comments:

  1. Good luck with your list! I need to start making mine ASAP.. I too am dreading the school note :)

    http://mspasquakinder.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing a lot of luck with your list! I have mine started, too! I am your newest follower. I'd like to pass along an award to you. Hop on over to my blog to claim it!

    Mrs. B's Nook

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck! How much time do you have to move to your new room? At my school we work through the summer. We clean the room from the past year and prepare for the upcoming year. I don't ever feel like I am ready or that I have had enough time. It must take long days getting your room ready after the summer break!

    ReplyDelete