Saturday, October 27, 2012

More Fall Fun

Whew!  It is the weekend and I am actually busy attending classes and presenting at this:


I asked a while ago for tips and advice and got so many e-mails from all of you amazing teacher friends... THANK YOU!  Lucky for me my super amazing hubby is hanging out with me at the conference all weekend (he is my +1) and my Mom came to town to watch the munchkins... she will be ready to head home on Sunday I am sure.  Hubsters and I thought maybe we need to get her a gift basket with tylenol, calgon, and maybe even a splint...  haha!  Our kids can be a handful.
In school last week we are still enjoying the fun of Fall in our kindergarten classroom.  Here are a few pictures...


We used shaving cream, tempra paint, and liquid watercolor to make these amazing fall leaves at the art center this week.  Then we cut them out and wrote our favorite things about fall before we created our own fall tree (here in the hot desert we are still surrounded by green leaves, so we have to create our own to enjoy the colors of the season!)


 We make this cute book every year.  Our sight word this week was 'see' this cute book is filled with fun Halloween pictures (which we just made big and then ran on colored construction paper) and then my kiddos cut up sentences (which I just copied and cut into strips) to create the text.  We are able to review color words, as well as the sight words: I, see, a, an  
The kiddos love it and were so excited to take them home on Thursday.


Happy Fall!  Next week I am gearing up for that joyous event known as Halloween, whew!  I need to get myself a gift basket of tylenol, calgon, and maybe even a splint... BUT I am dressing up this year and I cannot wait to reveal my costume, it is perfectly me!



No comments:

Post a Comment